Intense training gives you great results, but if you’ve had a particularly tough session here are some great recovery strategies from the experts to help your body prepare for the next one. Here’s how to recover smart and fast.
- Contrast Water Therapy-During your post-workout shower, alternate 2 minutes of hot water with 30 seconds of very cold water. Repeat four times.
- Drink 8 oz of Tart Cherry Juice after your workout.
- 30 Minute of Low-Intensity Cardio
- Massage or Self Myofascial Release (SMR) with foam rollers can reduce muscle stiffness, promote circulation and induce a state of relaxation in the muscle
- Wear Compression Socks, they encourages blood to flow back up into your body
- Get adequate sleep – not enough sleep can affect your recovery time.
- Stay hydrated and eat well
Also, experts agree that a healthy body recovers quicker. So scheduling rest days, getting enough sleep, staying hydrated and eating well are long-term strategies that will improve your overall recovery time.