Top Treadmills for 2015
When you invest in a treadmill, you want to ensure that you’re buying the best machine available. Which begs the question: How, exactly, are the “best” treadmills defined?
At Gym Source, we define the “best” treadmills as those demonstrating superior biomechanics, durability and value. Using those criteria—and depending on your personal priority or preference—your “best” treadmill may be quite different from someone else’s. That said, here’s our review of the top treadmills for 2015 based on biomechanics, durability and value.
A treadmill with superior biomechanics is one that’s expressly designed to replicate natural movement and physiology—providing for maximum comfort and minimal risk of injury.
Top Choice: TRUE ES900
- For more than 20 years, Gym Source has trusted TRUE treadmills—so it should come as no surprise that the TRUE ES900 takes home top honors for the best treadmill based on biomechanics. TRUE’s patented and adjustable Soft SystemTM offers the most biomechanically correct running surface available, with Neoprene shock absorbers in the front third of the deck (to cushion each foot strike), and a firmer surface at the rear of the deck for a stronger pushoff with each stride.
Runner-Up: Cybex 770
- With The Cybex IS3 Intelligent Suspension System is the result of years of biomechanics research, for which the Cybex Instituted is justifiably famous. The 770’s deck is soft at landing, firm in the middle, and rigid at push-off to precisely match the body mechanics of running. It’s a smooth, comfortable ride with minimum stress, impact and shock.
A treadmill with superior durability is one that’s built to last through years of use in a residential or commercial environment. Most importantly at Gym Source, we factor in a manufacturer’s ability to support its products—and our clients—with fast, easy access to parts and strong service warranties.
Top Choice: Cybex Treadmills
- When it comes to durable treadmills built to last, nobody beats Cybex. (And having worked with Cybex for the better part of 30 years, we can say that with confidence.) The company proudly stands behind every treadmill they make with easy access to parts and best-in-class industry service agreements.
Runner-Up: TRUE Treadmills
- As a company focused on the science of running, TRUE fully supports every treadmill they build. Here’s proof: In the 20 years that TRUE has worked with Gym Source, not once has the company ever turned down a warranty claim. Not once. When you buy a TRUE treadmill, you know you’re buying it for life.
A treadmill with superior value is one that provides the most features for the best price, together with the quality you’d expect by purchasing your machine at Gym Source.
Top Choice: GSX Boston Marathon Treadmill
- When it comes to getting the biggest bang for your buck, our clear choice is the GSX Boston Marathon treadmill. With the industry’s largest incline-decline range—and more adjustability and entertainment options than any other treadmill in its price category—this treadmill is our top choice for value and fun.
Runner-Up: Lifespan T5000 Treadmill
Perfect for a budget-savvy fitness consumer, the Lifespan T5000 treadmill not only provides superior reliability and performance, it also doubles as a treadmill desk—giving you incredible ergonomics, adjustability and functionality throughout your workday and beyond.
Share this story:
- Build Your Own HIIT Routine
- Treadmill Maintenance Checklist
- Trainer Spotlight: Audrey Hasse
- New and Notable Fitness Equipment
- How to Choose a Personal Trainer
- Fitness Adventures: Motivation to Train
- Trainer Spotlight: Jared Silverstein
- Benefits of Multifunctional Equipment
- Cardio Training
- Circuit Training
- Commercial Fitness
- Dumbbell Rack
- Elliptical Trainers
- Endurance Training
- Featured Employee
- Featured Fitness Products
- FIT Fact
- Fitness Accessories
- Fitness Facts and Tips
- Fitness Gifts
- Fitness Industry News
- Fitness Tips
- Fitness Trends
- Guest Blog
- Gym Source News
- Health and Wellness
- Home Fitness
- Home Gyms
- Indoor Cycle Bikes
- Spotlight Install
- Stationary Bikes
- Strength Training
- Strength Training Equipment
- Trainer Spotlight
- Vibration Training
- Weight Lifting
- Weight Loss/Weight Management