We love getting fan mail, especially when it’s from a longtime client whose fitness needs are met by our outstanding sales and service associates. The letter below was received last month by Gym Source CEO Richard Miller and Woodbury Sales Associate Martha Richardson:
Dear Richard and Martha,
I have been a residential customer of Gym Source for the last 12 months, and felt compelled to write you an email about Rod Ciardullo. He has been an exceptional salesperson for your company, and has provided us with incredible assistance to us over the last year.
My wife Rachel and I recently purchased an apartment in Manhattan, and are fortunate enough to have a large dedicated space for gym equipment. We began investigating options for all-in-one trainers and elliptical machines last summer. Our research took us to virtually every gym store in Manhattan, and even at that early stage, Rod stood out during our visits as the most knowledgeable and considerate of them all.
1. He was exceptionally well-informed about each piece of equipment at Gym Source. My wife and I asked him a lot of questions about various pieces of equipment, and for the few arcane questions to which he didn’t have answers, he called us back 2 days later with full answers.
2. Our decision to buy a $8,000 Cybex 770AT machine, was borne solely from Rod’s dedication to customer service. He was never once pushy, but always ensured we had all the info we needed to make our decision. He also got us an excellent price, and called twice after the installation to ensure we were happy
3. The machine he recommended to us was ideal, and fit our needs perfectly.
4. A couple of months ago, we did a lot of research on all-in-one trainers, and recently purchased the Cybex Bravo all-in-one
5. We had several questions regarding its utility, weight limits, weight limits on equipment in Manhattan etc. Rod went out of his way to accumulate all this info for us, and provided clear answers straight from Cybex
6. He also measured out the exact footprint of the equipment and advised on its locational layout in our apartment; his measurements and advice were spot on
7. He coordinated certificates of insurance and a lot of paperwork along the way
8. We are exceptionally pleased with the Bravo as well
In summary, I have almost never interacted with a salesperson who is this helpful, informed, thoughtful, considerate, polite, and non-pushy. We have spent over $15,000 at your store, and I feel like we got our money’s worth. I truly believe he cares about the customer experience and goes above and beyond to ensure that they are satisfied. We have recommended, and will continue to recommend, Rod and Gym Source to all our friends, whether it is for their summer homes or apartments
I hope you will put this note in his file, and please call me if you have any other questions.
Partner, Redwood Capital
Englewood Cliffs, NJ