How Weight Bench Incline Boosts Results
For effective strength training right at home, nothing beats a high-quality weight bench. But should you invest in a flat bench that adjusts for incline? A recent study in the European Journal of Sport Science claims that the answer is a resounding YES.
For starters, the study confirmed that strength training with a flat bench in its horizontal position activates both the upper and lower pectorals major during presses and lifts. Second (and more important), the study also confirmed that performing lifts at a 30- and 45-degree incline boosts muscle activation by anywhere between 26-50%, depending on the weight being lifted.
(Read more: The 5 Essential Features of a Better Weight Bench)
The study concludes that for maximum results, it’s most beneficial to perform both horizontal and inclined bench presses as part of your strength training workout. Looking to upgrade your results with a weight bench that adjusts for incline? Here are three favorites hand-picked by the Gym Source team:
- Tuff Stuff Olympic Incline Bench: With an adjustable seat, comfortable positioning and angled frame designed for perfect posture, this Tuff Stuff bench makes it easy to perform bench presses on an incline and get a lift-off that feels natural.
- Paramount XFW-7500: This versatile bench lets you adjust among 11 positions—from a 10-degree decline up to an 85-degree incline—letting you perform presses and lifts however you choose. Three seat positions adjust for maximum comfort and results. And with rear wheels, a handle, and a small footprint, this Paramount bench is easy to move and store.
- Hoist Incline Olympic Bench: The innovative curved frame of this Hoist bench mimics the human body and its movements, for a comfortable bench press that maximizes ergonomic design. Adjust for incline, seat and foot position to achieve your best results. Plus, enjoy easy weight storage with convenient racking.
Gym Source has the right weight bench and strength training accessories for you. Visit Gym Source today to experience it all for yourself.
Share this story:
- Build Your Own HIIT Routine
- Treadmill Maintenance Checklist
- Trainer Spotlight: Audrey Hasse
- New and Notable Fitness Equipment
- How to Choose a Personal Trainer
- Fitness Adventures: Motivation to Train
- Trainer Spotlight: Jared Silverstein
- Benefits of Multifunctional Equipment
- Cardio Training
- Circuit Training
- Commercial Fitness
- Dumbbell Rack
- Elliptical Trainers
- Endurance Training
- Featured Employee
- Featured Fitness Products
- FIT Fact
- Fitness Accessories
- Fitness Facts and Tips
- Fitness Gifts
- Fitness Industry News
- Fitness Tips
- Fitness Trends
- Guest Blog
- Gym Source News
- Health and Wellness
- Home Fitness
- Home Gyms
- Indoor Cycle Bikes
- Spotlight Install
- Stationary Bikes
- Strength Training
- Strength Training Equipment
- Trainer Spotlight
- Vibration Training
- Weight Lifting
- Weight Loss/Weight Management