Fitting Fitness into a Busy Life
Finding it tough to work fitness into your busy schedule? Try these time-management and exercise strategies to help keep it on the calendar.
- Schedule your workout first thing in the morning (before life gets in the way). Fitting exercise into your morning not only ensures it gets done, but also gives you energy for the rest of your day. Set your alarm an hour earlier (or start with 30 minutes) and do something—anything—even if it’s just walking.
- Exercise at home. A home gym is an excellent place to work in fitness into your schedule. You can install a treadmill, elliptical or stationary bike—or, if you don’t have the space for a machine, get a great workout with a jump rope, resistance bands and a set of dumbbells.
- Multitask when you can. Recent studies show that sitting still for long periods of time is detrimental to your health. You can read, check email and even talk on the phone while on a treadmill or stationary bike. Lifespan Fitness even offers a popular Lifespan Treadmill Desk and now a Standing Desk Bike, so you can walk or pedal as you work.
- Make it part of the family routine. If you have a busy family (and who doesn’t?) check out your local YMCA for great family-friendly ideas. Plus, plan family adventures where you hike, ride bikes, swim or even try indoor rock climbing together. Want to encourage your kids to exercise? Have them join a sports team—and offer to coach!
Finding time to exercise might be easier than you think. Your body will thank you!
Share this story:
- Personal Trainer Spotlight: D'Lynne St.Pierre
- Traditional vs. Functional Strength Trainers
- Personal Trainer Spotlight: Casey Zack
- Gym Source Partners with Disabled American Veterans
- Personal Trainer Spotlight: Jim Young
- Connected Fitness: What is it and how do I get plugged in?
- How to Design a Home Gym
- Personal Trainer Spotlight: Brent Pendleton
- Cardio Training
- Circuit Training
- Commercial Fitness
- Dumbbell Rack
- Elliptical Trainers
- Endurance Training
- Featured Employee
- Featured Fitness Products
- FIT Fact
- Fitness Accessories
- Fitness Facts and Tips
- Fitness Gifts
- Fitness Industry News
- Fitness Tips
- Fitness Trends
- Guest Blog
- Gym Source News
- Health and Wellness
- Home Fitness
- Home Gyms
- Indoor Cycle Bikes
- Spotlight Install
- Stationary Bikes
- Strength Training
- Strength Training Equipment
- Trainer Spotlight
- Vibration Training
- Weight Lifting
- Weight Loss/Weight Management