Featured Product: Cybex Bravo Functional Trainer
When it comes to marrying scientific research to market demand, you’ve got to hand it to Cybex—most notably to the Cybex Bravo Functional Trainer.
Imagine the tight spot Cybex found itself in a few years back: Having built an impeccable reputation for world-class strength-training machines built on fixed-stability, cable-based technology, the industry Cybex had come to dominate suddenly became enthralled with its exact opposite—unstable surfaces focused on core over strength.
Moreover, Cybex’s scientific research had already proven two important points:
- Stable conditions produce the same degree of core muscle activity—but at much higher strength-building workloads—than do unstable conditions.
- Stable cable-based activities work the same muscle groups as free-standing cable activities.
(Translation: You can lift more weight AND effectively work your core with fixed-stability systems.)
But the research also showed something unexpected: During partially-stabilized conditions, abdominal activity is 184% greater than during fully-stabilized conditions.
Thus, the Cybex Bravo Functional Trainer with Progressive Stabilization was born. It’s a machine uniquely designed to allow incremental stability modification—fixed, partial or free-standing—which gives the user a level of versatility and function never before seen in a fixed-path cable machine.
Plus, with its advanced cable adjustment system, the Cybex Bravo Functional Trainer enables the direction of the user’s resistance to be completely isolated and controlled—providing for hundreds of exercises in one machine and virtually limitless training opportunities.
(Not to mention, the Bravo Functional Trainer takes up less space than any other similar machine—providing users the best results with the smallest footprint.)
Has the Cybex Bravo Functional Trainer been an industry game-changer? You bet. Earlier this year, the Progressive Stabilization System won the prestigious FIBO Innovation Award 2012.
So, hats off to Cybex. With the Bravo Functional Trainer, the company proves yet again that research-based, science-driven innovation wins every time.
Share this story:
- Traditional vs. Functional Strength Trainers
- Personal Trainer Spotlight: Casey Zack
- Gym Source Partners with Disabled American Veterans
- Personal Trainer Spotlight: Jim Young
- Connected Fitness: What is it and how do I get plugged in?
- How to Design a Home Gym
- Personal Trainer Spotlight: Brent Pendleton
- Tried and TRUE Race Training Tips
- Cardio Training
- Circuit Training
- Commercial Fitness
- Dumbbell Rack
- Elliptical Trainers
- Endurance Training
- Featured Employee
- Featured Fitness Products
- FIT Fact
- Fitness Accessories
- Fitness Facts and Tips
- Fitness Gifts
- Fitness Industry News
- Fitness Tips
- Fitness Trends
- Guest Blog
- Gym Source News
- Health and Wellness
- Home Fitness
- Home Gyms
- Indoor Cycle Bikes
- Spotlight Install
- Stationary Bikes
- Strength Training
- Strength Training Equipment
- Trainer Spotlight
- Vibration Training
- Weight Lifting
- Weight Loss/Weight Management