Awesome Abs: Why You Should Put in the Work
With swimsuit season fast approaching, many gym-goers are scrambling to get beach-ready with a slimmer physique and six-pack abs. Getting a six-pack isn’t just about looking good, however. There are plenty of practical and beneficial reasons for putting in the work to get those washboard abs:
● Core Strength – Your abdominal muscles play a big part in the overall strength of your core. Having a solid core is great for athletic or other physical activities (such as swimming, running and carrying beach chairs), as it provides greater stability and balance. Learn more about training your core from the inside out in our blog.
● Posture – Strong abdominal muscles can help keep your spine aligned, allowing you to stand up straight and even make you appear taller.
● Pain Relief – Lower back pain is a worldwide epidemic. A strong core is commonly overlooked as a remedy. Abdominal exercises are a great way to strengthen your core, keeping you balanced and taking pressure off your lower back. Say goodbye to back pain!
● Head-Turning – Let’s be honest, the most popular reason people want six-pack abs is to look good. Beyond simply being aesthetically pleasing, having a six-pack sends a message. It says you’re disciplined and committed to taking care of your body. Plus, looking good makes you feel good.
Whether you want to strengthen your abs with a machine like the Abcore or with accessories like a Roll Board or Stability Ball, the important part is that you’re working your abs for more than just looks.
Share this story:
- Gym Source Partners with Disabled American Veterans
- Personal Trainer Spotlight: Jim Young
- Connected Fitness: What is it and how do I get plugged in?
- How to Design a Home Gym
- Personal Trainer Spotlight: Brent Pendleton
- Tried and TRUE Race Training Tips
- Personal Trainer Spotlight: Erin Connor
- Challenge Your Current Workouts
- Cardio Training
- Circuit Training
- Commercial Fitness
- Dumbbell Rack
- Elliptical Trainers
- Endurance Training
- Featured Employee
- Featured Fitness Products
- FIT Fact
- Fitness Accessories
- Fitness Facts and Tips
- Fitness Gifts
- Fitness Industry News
- Fitness Tips
- Fitness Trends
- Guest Blog
- Gym Source News
- Health and Wellness
- Home Fitness
- Home Gyms
- Indoor Cycle Bikes
- Spotlight Install
- Stationary Bikes
- Strength Training
- Strength Training Equipment
- Trainer Spotlight
- Vibration Training
- Weight Lifting
- Weight Loss/Weight Management